Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Terrified

So I did it. I took the first step. I've been thinking about doing an Ironman Triathlon since I finished my first marathon. For anyone who doesn't know, an Ironman is a triathlon that involves a 2.4 mile swim followed by 112 mile bike ride and finishing with a Marathon 26.2 mile run. Just writing that gives me pause.
So today I registered for the event. I'll be competing in the Ford Ironman St George in Utah. This is by far the craziest thing I've ever gotten involved in. I'm starting this blog to chronicle my journey. I realize that there are about 1264 things I need to do between now and May 1, 2010 and I'm on step one. I invite you to share in the journey.

4 comments:

  1. Joe, I'm signed up, too. I like the title of your blog and I believe I probably feel just as crazy as you do right now. I couldn't sleep last night because I was thinking of the Ironman. We're NUTS!!! It's going to be incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe
    I thank you might be nuts but i put your blog on my favorites so i can keep track of you. old Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very proud of you! Little scared... but very proud. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, awesome, awesome! That's so exciting and congratulations on making the commitment. Good profile pic, by the way :) Thinking about the pambazo I had there makes my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete