Monday, March 23, 2009

Setting Early Goals

Over the weekend I started setting some early goals. The major training for an Ironman is 26 weeks or about six months. I'll need to be in a lot better shape before I start. So I've set some goals for the first 3 months:
- Be able to swim 2.5 miles
- Be able to bike 125 miles
- Be able to run a Marathon (I've done this)
- Be able to exercise for 5-6 hours
I'll re-visit this list on July 1st and see if I'm there.

In the mean time I've got my first ever triathlon coming up in two weeks. This one will be a quarter ironman triathlon. That's a .6 mile swim, a 28 mile bike and a 6.5 mile run. I'm definitely nervous about this race. I want it to go well and kick off the Ironman quest with a bang. I have to admit I'm most nervous about the swim. I'm least nervous about the bike because I've been cycling a lot recently. Also having done a Marathon in February I've been giving running a rest so I may be a little rusty there. Overall though I'm very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment